Saturday, May 31, 2014

Amsterdam 2014 Part 2

On Day 4 of my trip, I took the bus to Keukenhof to see the flower gardens. Visiting this place was my sole reason for planning the trip in April, since most of the flowers worth seeing bloom in spring.

This place was lovely. It is definitely one of the most gorgeous places I have ever seen. The pictures below prove my point.







These are some shots from up on the windmill - the picture with the lines on it are tulips of different colours planted in the fields. I saw loads of lines like that from the bus and train on all my out-of-city days. They looked like someone took coloured markers and drew lines.













The pic on the left below was inside one of the greenhouses. The arches below are pots of orchids. To take the pic on the right, I stood on a wooden deck in the canal.



I spent about 4-5 hours just walking around (the map was MUCH easier to navigate than Kew Gardens OMG) before catching the bus back to the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment