Thursday, July 4, 2013

Birthday Cake!

Today is Kedar's birthday. He said he wanted me to make a Lego cake after I showed him the awesome tutorial video at Nerdy Nummies. I also figured I could surprise him by making a Neapolitan cake. I got the recipes (the chocolate cake here tastes like a super moist Betty Crocker cake - it's so good and the strawberry cake actually tastes like strawberries instead of like, pink vanilla cake) from Annie's Eats.

I used a square cake pan, approximately 11" x 11" and cut the cake into halves and then one half into quarters. The little knobs are not marshmallows like the tutorial, but mini Oreos - a suggestion from Kedar who is not a marshmallow fan (and we had to go all over to find something of the right size and shape I was looking for.) I also used strawberry jam to stick the layers together. My mom had to help me make the frosting cause I still suck at making it.

Aren't they pretty?



No comments:

Post a Comment