Saturday, September 3, 2011

Books and Hobbies

I still haven't sorted through my Disney photos. I'm incredibly lax with that, since I broke my camera in Dervish and Banges... after taking a picture of the Monster Book of Monsters... Go figure.
I still haven't uploaded the last set of pictures from Epcot. Kedar is attempting to fix the camera and I forgot the memory card in it. So yeah. At least I know it's safe.

Anyhow, I was super excited to receive my latest Amazon order yesterday! I got 5 books - Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, The Orphan's Tales: In the Cities of Coin and Spice by Catherynne Valente, The Orphan's Tales: In the Night Garden by Catherynne M. Valente, Origami Tessellations: Awe-Inspiring Geometric Designs by Eric Gjerde and Advanced Origami: An Artist's Guide to Performances in Paper by Michael G. LaFosse.



I have almost reached my Goodreads goal of 45 books read for 2011. I might update it if it seems like I'm going faster than I anticipate.







I included some of the other things I have been doing lately in the picture - origami animals and tying hemp. I learned the latter from youtube videos and many hours of practising. I made a huge order from Fire Mountain Gems to get the hemp and wooden beads as well as some other crap (read: charms) that I wanted to make jewellry. I also experimented with silver wire and beads. I have another order from Jewellry Supply for beads.

I know it would seem that I have way too much time on my hands. But I really have to do lots of things when my job and research are kicking my butt. Sanity must be retained.

1 comment:

DeadEyes-_- said...

Awesome! You're on good reads too :D Nice listing there, and nice blog!

Post a Comment