Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tinted Windows

First off, today is Carnival Tuesday, so of course, I am home, enjoying this mini-vacation of sorts. Masqueraders are still crossing the stage in POS... I hope the others in Sando, Central and Tobago are done cause it is hot and humid outside. It's just not cool to be outside for all those hours man, not cool at all.
Anyhow, I decided to check out Hanson.net because well, I like Hanson. I saw a link to a band called Tinted Windows which they are promoting. It comprises James Iha (Smashing Pumpkins, A Perfect Circle), Adam Schlesinger (Fountains of Wayne), Bun E. Carlos (Cheap Trick) and... Taylor Hanson. A strange mix, I think. They describe it as very different from anything either members have made but quite frankly, I think the contrast between Taylor's voice and the guitars are seen in In The City. I was excited when I read about the project, and I clicked on all of the links they provided.
I listened to a song, Kind of a Girl, up on Rollingstone.com and I like it. . it sounds kind of retro. I like it though and from a fanson perspective, the guys in the band play worlds differently from Zac or Isaac so it sets it apart from anything Hanson can shell out. I also really like the fact that they didn't do the songs as part of some big marketing scheme, but just for the sake of doing a project together. It's nice, it's new and I can't wait for their album in April. What can I say? I'm a sucker for anything that has Hanson attached to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi hun, it's Carnival so i guess this week nobody care about the sun or how much sun burn or how tired they get and the pain in their bone from all that walking and jumping. I miss home very much...

Post a Comment