Saturday, May 31, 2014

Finally an update!

I just realised that my last post was November of last year. Seeing as I was not that busy, I feel the guilt for my laziness.

The biggest news I have is that Kedar proposed! On January 2nd, 2014, we were by Pax Guest House up by Mount St. Benedict, and he popped the question! He took the most ridiculous pic of my excitement that I sent to my parents.



So now I'm trying to figure out how to plan anything. We haven't started doing any wedding planning yet but I'm looking at next July, when I'm home from work.

I also found out yesterday that I got accepted to the Johns Hopkins University Masters in Biotechnology program! I'm so excited! I'm planning to start in the fall semester. With the wedding and school, my budget is going to be very tight this next year. Good thing I'm a saver.

On another note, I have mastered the tiramasu and the marble cheesecake! After God knows how many trials, I could make, troubleshoot and substitute ingredients for them. I also made an angel food cake that was *pats back* awesome, almond cake, loads of cookies, and bread with seasonings and spices. YUM. It's just been carb city here. I have a photo of my angel food cake with homemade soursop ice cream.



I thought I'd share last week's creation, the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Cheesecake Bites. I took the recipe from Roxana's Home Baking but I substituted the condensed milk with 6 oz. sour cream, 8 oz. whipped cream and about 1/4 cup (or less; I wasn't measuring) of castor sugar. I also substituted 2 tbsp flour with corn starch. The result was a less sweet, lighter and creamier filling. I have semi-sweet chocolate chips, pecans and raisins in the cookie crust and butternut pieces, chocolate chips, oatmeal and white chocolate chunks on top. I had the oven set on broil from its last use and I didn't realise until 20 mins in so the white chocolate got scorched.

No comments:

Post a Comment