Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rainbow Cake

On Tuesday afternoon, I made a rainbow cake. I used the standard 1, 2, 3, 4 Cake recipe from the Naparima Cookbook and divided the batter into 6 portions (approx. 1 1/2 cups each). I used my pink, yellow, blue and green food colouring to get the colours I wanted. My oven is being really crappy with temperature regulation, so each batch of cakes took about 30 minutes to bake in 9-inch round pans. I thought that was ridiculous since they were barely 1/2 inch thick.

This cake took so much icing! I used 2 1/2 bags of icing sugar and barely got anything extra. It made the entire thing SUPER sweet, so next time I will use vanilla cream filling as a less sweet option and make fluffy egg white frosting for the outside. It is very sweet, but so pretty!





No comments:

Post a Comment