Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 1 of Paris

Day one of my trip to Paris and a few thoughts:

1) Many americans actually wear white sneakers when they travel. I thought it was just a silly thing people wrote in travel sites but no, I saw them and heard the accents.
2) There is not enough comfort in the world on an airplane to give me restful sleep. OMG I am exhausted.
3) I am living in the future. Well, 6 hours ahead is a pretty long time. I reached on Friday morning when it was Thursday evening at home and now Friday's sun has set (I will never get used to the 9 p.m. sunset. It goes at 6 back home) so Saturday here I come!
4) I saw a mime. I could not help myself.



5) I also saw a guy in a joker's hat, with a ferret and two dogs. Not sure about that one...

First thought when I saw the Pantheon?
HOLY CRAP THAT'S HUGE. I think I said it out loud too. I had to stand really far to get it in a shot and I forgot that it should be straight.




The ceiling under the outer arches:



And the inside...



My nerd was showing when I got excited on seeing Pierre and Marie Curie's tomb. There were flowers so I'm not the only one who squeed, I'm sure. I hope. Whatever.

I also saw the Jardins des Plantes, Musee de Moyen Age (Musee de Cluny), and I took the trek to the Notre-Dame cathedral but there were too many people lining up. I took more pics but I am exhausted as all heck right now. It's 11 p.m. (Paris time) and I was up at 3 a.m. (home time) and I'm actually too confused and sleepy to do the math. Imma go sleep now...

No comments:

Post a Comment