Saturday, January 22, 2011

Easy A

I remember a time when I was in high school and my bf and I went to the movies every week. Now, I hardly ever go to the cinema, ever since I realised that I was no longer a teeny, that the term 'teenies' were so ten years ago and rabid 'fangirls' took over. I lost my patience with the girls who measured the mall in their crazy outfits and the boys who just stand around at the mall, crowding the aisles for no apparent reason. Of course, it doesn't help that the cinema smells like foot in between carpet steams. I am also one of those heartless people who are not big fans of parents who carry their babies to late-night movies and refuse to take the child outside when they start to fuss over the noise in their ears at 10p.m.
Nowadays, if the movie is something I have to see in theatres like the next HP installment or any 3D animations, I go. Otherwise, I wait for it to come out on DVD or on HBO, because I am patient. At least I tell myself that.
This is why I have only now just seen Easy A, starring Emma Stone and Dan from Gossip Girl Penn Badgley. Have you seen the movie? Did you like it? I loved it.
The smart, witty, pop-culture-referenced banter reminded me of Juno and the Gilmore Girls and much of the sillyness was like a less crude version of American Pie. It was the Ten Things I Hate About You for the teenagers of today. If you loved John Hughes movies and awkward teen romances like She's All That, you'll love this movie as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment