Today we ripped this meme off a blogger known as Tattooed Minivan Mom from the blog The Scattered Mind of a Tattooed Minivan Mom. She explains that she got it from Janana Bee. It appears Jana might have actually written this meme. But, it could have stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: Janana's Now Vs. Then Meme
It's been a while since we had to post rules. But here we will list the relevant ones:
*Think back to ten years ago on this month.
*Write truthful answers and ELABORATE. This makes it more interesting!
*If you don't have a scanner you may omit #14 but I think if you do you should totally do it!
*It's about personal changes. Have fun with it!
Then: August 1999
1. Age: 13
2. Romantic Status: non-existent
3. Occupation: student. I was in my second year of high school.
4. Fun night out: um... playing video games with my cousins. I was never good at it, but I had enthusiasm for the games back then.
5. My BFFs: Anushka, my primary school friend who went to a diff high school <- I have no clue what this girl is doing with her life since she went to a different uni.
6. I spent way too much time: on the internet. I had it for about a year and I was a total teeny. the internet gave me my fix. I used to try out with websites then with angelfire before lycos took it over.
7. I spent not enough time: socialising with RL folks. Gosh, I was so pathetic. I had a group of friends I met through a mailing list and they kept me in a semi-sane state when high school students were at their worst.
8. I wanted to be when I grew up: marine biologist because I thought it would be pretty cool to dive for a living.
9. Biggest concern: not getting good enough grades at school. I was so anal-retentive (still am) when it came to my work because I was (and still) so afraid of failing.
10. What my biggest concern should have been: I think I had the concern about right.
11. Where did I live: with the parents in Trinidad.
12. Dumbest thing I did that year: 1999... I honestly have no clue. I plead memory loss.
13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: "Stop being so damn invisible and emo." Oh, and, "You are not fat!" Gosh I was so insecure.
14. Picture of me then: err... there is a gap in my pictures. I had a camera until I was 11 or 12 and then when it went biserk (conveniently around this time hehe), I didn't have one until I was like 14 or 15 and we had the digital one. Old faithful 3mpxl...
Now: August 2009
1. Age: 23
2. Romantic Status: been with dude for over 6 1/2 years.
3. Occupation: student... bleh. The only perk I have for being a student is the scholarship. This drives me forward cause if I don't perform, I lose it.
4. Fun night out: I totally just scoffed at that. Um... dinner and just hanging out doing absolutely nothing. Some say I'm boring. I like to think that I'm interesting in my own way.
5. My BFFs: Kedar, Krystal and Ramona. I don't even keep in touch with the ppl from high school - I didn't make close enough friends there I guess.
6. I spend way too much time: on the internet. Well some things never change...
7. I spend not enough time: I honestly have no idea cause I feel as if I should be doing more in school for my project but there is always something I have to wait on. It's very annoying.
8. I want to be when I grow up: happy.
9. Biggest concern: getting through with this masters degree and getting a damn Juliet Oscar Bravo <- haha it sounds like I want to be an actress. How sad.
10. What my biggest concern should be: I like to think that I'm right again on the answer above.
11. Where do I live: still by the parents. Jobless, remember?
12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: I accidentally combined two solutions thinking they were the same thing... but they weren't and I effectively ruined like, 10 hours of work from the day before and 8 from the day I was working on the pairs. I felt like, 12 shades of stupid that evening.
13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: You should have gotten a job dearie.
1. What do I miss most from 1999: school was stress-free. No CXC, GCSE, uni exams...
2. What do I miss least from 1999: I didn't have the friendships that I have now.
3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: I have my boy... I also topped my high school when I graduated... twice (and I don't even think they noticed because I was so invisible but who cares right?).
4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: dare I say it... JOB. The lack of connections and hence, employment really pisses me off. And this is from before the recession hit home.
Meme courtesy Sunday Stealing