Monday, February 16, 2009

Waiting is such a drag...

I have spent the last 4 1/2 months waiting. On what? Well, I recently started my M.Phil. and since September, I have been waiting to get properly trained. I have been waiting on equipment, reagents, stupid websites to load, information to be clarified and checked, samples to be brought.... Sigh. I mean I did get some of the stuff done. I didn't totally waste my last 4 1/2 months... but I really don't know how much more delaying I can take.
This week I decided to be more proactive. The flowers are supposed to be provided for my work and the guy brought some, and they were a bitch to work with. There are so many other, easier, more palatable ones that don't oxidize on cue, and he brought those. So this week I'm headed to the Herbarium to see what's available and then I'll hit some plant shops to get the plants myself. I am anal retentive when it comes to my work and I refuse to sit around like a douche waiting to get crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment