Thursday, April 25, 2013

Strawberry mascarpone yumminess

When I came home yesterday, I was in the mood to make something with the strawberries I bought the day before. I Googled some recipes and ended up trying my own thing using the ingredients listed on the websites just so I could have something to put in the refrigerator in less than an hour.



I made 10 tarts using the following:

Ingredients
Crust
20 bourbon biscuit sandwiches with the filling removed, 1/2 cup butter, 2 tbsps. granulated sugar.

Filling
200ml carton of whipping cream, 1 tbsp. vanilla essence, 8oz. mascarpone cheese, 1 tbsp. lime juice, 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar.

Topping
5 small strawberries sliced

Method
The crust was a lazy man's, made up of crushed bourbon biscuits, granulated sugar and butter. I mixed them in the food processor, put them in my silicone cups and baked them for 10 minutes. After, I pressed them with a spoon (because the ends slipped down and the bottoms bubbled up and almost filled the cups - it was so annoying) and put them in the freezer for at least 5 minutes. When they were hard, I popped them out of the cups.
For the filling, I whipped a carton of whipping cream and vanilla on high speed until stiff peaks were obtained. I put it in a bowl and stored it in the refrigerator. Then I whisked the cheese, lime juice and sugar on medium speed until combined. I folded the whipped cream into this mixture. The cheese was not smooth, so the filling did not look smooth.
The filling was spooned onto the cooled crusts and strawberry slices were put on top. The tarts were kept overnight in the refrigerator so the filling could get firm.

The tarts were not too sweet and the mascarpone in the filling gives it a creamy cheesecake taste. The chocolatey crust was meant to complement the strawberries and cream. It was so good OMG.

No comments:

Post a Comment