Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Start of the week

Yesterday afternoon, Kedar and I went out. Wednesday is our usual day, since I have afternoon classes till 4 and there is so much traffic at that time that the best thing is to hang around in the West until after 6 or so. We didn't really get a chance to do anything last week so yesterday, we did.

First we had sushi at Kaizan. We go there quite often because their sushi (in my opinion) is better than most other places - the menu has more variety, the prices are decent and the sushi actually tastes better.

We tried the Ebi nigiri



Smokey Sal roll



and the TNT Dynamite roll (with the dynamite sauce on the side for my capsaicin-sensitive benefit)



We had ice cream at Häagen-Dazs before heading to the National Academy for the Performing Arts (NAPA) for a show. Dimitris Kotronakis came down for a concert. In the first half, he played solo. There was a lady with a huge hair right in front of me so I hardly saw anything. In the second half, the lady moved, but every time I got a spot to see from, either one of two men would block me. The lights were facing out direction, so I got a terrible photo. It is from the second half when Dimitris played with the University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT) string quartet.



His talent:



After passing through traffic on the way home, I just crawled in my bed and I was down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment