Monday, November 30, 2009

The Shopping Madness Meme (aka The Naked Mannequin Saga)

1. What is favorite item to shop for and why?
Food. I like the gratification of eating my hard earned money rather than decorating with it.


2. Quality vs. Price. Will you buy off-brand replicas at a discount store or must you have the real thing? Why or why not?
If I know that's it's an imitation, I won't buy it but I refuse to spend more on designer products than I would on a car. I just do without or try to make my own.

3. Have you ever asked a sales clerk to remove something from display if it is the last one in the store? Tell us what special something would make you strip the clothes off a mannequin(which begs the question... Are all mannequins born naked?)
I saw a skirt in a display once and had the clerk remove it for me. I liked the cut and the colour and it was the only one left so I took it.
Mannequins are born naked and it is unkind to keep them exposed in a display. Little boy points and shouts to his momma, 'Boobies!' Momma won't be too happy to go out in public again.


5. I really don't care if a guy goes shopping with me. I'm in my own zone and always have a plan. Are you an alone-shopper or would you like to have company?
I'm mostly a lonely shopper. It doesn't matter to me either way - I'll still get my way cause I'm awesome like that. I'd like company if I don't to pay.



6. Have you ever done anything other than actually try on clothes in a dressing room? (I have no idea why this question followed the previous one. Ahem.)

Like what sorts of things? I don't understand the question hehe. I was once in a lingerie changing room and I heard more than one voice in the changing room next to me. Why was that guy in there? Giving his opinion? Helping her with the hook? Or was she helping him?







7. Do you like or do you get annoyed when salesclerks and store management follows you around asking "May I help you?" a million times? (I have no idea why this question followed the previous one.)
Yes, that pisses me off to no end. If I want your help, I'll ask you. They make me want to get my chocolate covered fingertips on everything.


8. Create your very own store-brand name. (ie; Toys 'R Us, WalMart) What would YOUR establishment's name be?


2 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

Now THAT'S an imaginative storefront. GREAT!
#6 - You should have knocked on the door. Just sayin'..

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry we made so much noise next door...:>)

Post a Comment