Monday, July 27, 2009

Stand Up Stand Up

I am a fanson. If my memory serves me right, I have been one since October or November 1997. I was a very impressionable 12 year-old at the time and a girl in my class mentioned something about Hanson being cool and I got my dad to get me the CD. I hadn't heard of them. I only listened to Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Rod Stewart, Celine Dion and Michael Jackson at the time, because that was who my parents liked. I hardly ever listened to music on the radio. But I was shallow, stupid and wanted to at least know what the fuss was about. Well, I got the CD and I got the fuss.

12 years later, I am still a fanson and I am not a happy camper. I was quite upset when I was trying to preorder a $5 CD from the Hanson.net store and the shipping costs had me billed for over $30 since I fall under the Standard International Shipping category. I ask, how small and light is a CD? Is the CD going to circle the globe a few hundred times before I receive it? I once mailed a 5lb box of treats to freaking France and it cost less than $5.

STEUPS. I'd rather do without.

No comments:

Post a Comment